Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Brett Knights <br...@tanner.com> on 2000/07/07 02:55:54 UTC

Nodes from External Entities are read only

I am trying to load a document and process it through Donald Ball's
SQLProcessor.

When I load the document with the xml4J NonValidatingDOMParser
with setExpandEntityReferences = true it parses the file and expands the
entity references.

The external entity references contain a bunch of query definitions.

When I pass that Document to SQLProcessor it runs as expected.

When I load the same document with Xerces and pass it to SQLProcessor the
queries that were part of the main document run normally but any queries
that were loaded from the external entity error with:

org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMExceptionImpl: DOM001 Modification not allowed
        at
org.apache.xerces.dom.ChildAndParentNode.internalInsertBefore(ChildAndParent
Node.java:334)
        at
org.apache.xerces.dom.ChildAndParentNode.replaceChild(ChildAndParentNode.jav
a:739)

Will this ultimately be fixed?

Re: Nodes from External Entities are read only

Posted by Eric Ye <er...@locus.apache.org>.
Seems like a readOnly Node is being modified. We need more information. Or
you can help us our here by finding and fixing the bug, if you can fix it,
do a diff and send us the patch.
_____

Eric Ye * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * ericye@locus.apache.org