Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Martin.Hepworth" <ma...@solidstatelogic.com> on 2008/02/13 13:38:46 UTC

pyzor finally dead?

All

We've been using the following pyzor server..

82.94.255.100:24441

For many years now as the 'official' one seemed not to update.

Now this this seems to be dead as well (well people on the MailScanner IRC channel also report no activity from this).

Any news or good alternates?

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Red Lion 49 Ltd T/A Solid State Logic
(Company No:5362730)
United Kingdom

Re: pyzor finally dead?

Posted by Martin Blapp <mb...@imp.ch>.
Hi,

We don't use the offizial pyzor server anymore, but run
our own patched version, with mysql support.

So it is still a useful filtering mechanism, additionally
to ixhash, razor etc.

--
Martin

Martin Blapp, <mb...@imp.ch> <mb...@FreeBSD.org>
ImproWare AG, UNIXSP & ISP, Zurlindenstrasse 29, 4133 Pratteln, CH
Phone: +41 61 826 93 00 Fax: +41 61 826 93 01
PGP: <finger -l mbr@freebsd.org>
PGP Fingerprint: B434 53FC C87C FE7B 0A18 B84C 8686 EF22 D300 551E

Re: pyzor finally dead?

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.
On Wednesday 13 February 2008 6:38 am, Martin.Hepworth wrote:
> All
>
> We've been using the following pyzor server..
>
> 82.94.255.100:24441
>
> For many years now as the 'official' one seemed not to update.
>
> Now this this seems to be dead as well (well people on the MailScanner IRC
> channel also report no activity from this).
>
> Any news or good alternates?
>
> --
> Martin Hepworth
> Snr Systems Administrator
> Solid State Logic
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300

It looks alive here:

[chris@cpollock ~]$ pyzor ping
82.94.255.100:24441     (200, 'OK')

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

RE: pyzor finally dead?

Posted by "Rose, Bobby" <br...@med.wayne.edu>.
I just checked my logs because I was surprised to here this and it looks
like 82.94.255.100:24441 is what I'm still using and my
MailScanner-SpamAssassin log entries are still showing that sa rule
being tripped by some transactions.  263 so far today and 1740 yesterday
average sa-checked messages is around 40-50 thousand a day.

I believe pyzor was supposed to be an answer to for those who wanted to
run their own razor server but didn't want to pay the licensing fees, so
you could just run your pyzor server instead.

Re: pyzor finally dead?

Posted by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net>.
Use Razor.
Its faster, more people use it, (the more you use it the more accurate it
is) and its no longer restricted.
--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
>|SECNAP Network Security
Winner 2008 Network Products Guide Hot Companies

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(tm).
For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com