Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Kaplan, Andrew H." <AH...@PARTNERS.ORG> on 2005/12/19 15:02:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem Generating New Certificate

Hi there -

I am running an Apache 1.3.33 server with Mod_SSL 2.8.23. The existing SSL
certificate has expired and I wanted to create a replacement for it.

To accomplish this, I went to the Apache source directory and ran the make
certificate command. I noticed the following error message when the

application was running:

Verify: matching certificate signature

../conf/ssl.crt/server.crt: /C=XY/ST=Snake Desert/L=Snake Town/O=Snake Oil,
Ltd/OU=Certificate Authority/CN=Snake Oil CA/emailAddress=ca@snakeoil.dom

error 10 at 1 depth lookup:certificate has expired

OK

The program appears to finish without any other errors, but the certificate file
is not created.

How do I correct this? Thanks.