Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com> on 2004/07/17 21:16:23 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/pipeline/impl CachingPointProcessingPipeline.java

joerg@apache.org wrote:

>joerg       2004/07/17 03:51:15
>
>  Log:
>  clean up after the tree processor refactoring

Thanks Jörg!

A question, though: how have you found all this? Do you have special
settings on your IDE (Eclipse?)

Sylvain

Eclipse compiler settings (was: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/pipeline/impl CachingPointProcessingPipeline.java)

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > A question, though: how have you found all this? Do you have special
> > settings on your IDE (Eclipse?)
>
> Yes, Eclipse shows them and I can fix them easily mostly using "Quick
> Fix". I can post the useful compiler settings on Tuesday.

A bit later, but here they are:
Additionally to the default settings (in Eclipse 3.0) I have set following
entries from "Ignore" to "Warning":

Tab "Style":
* Indirect access to static members
* Possible accidental boolean assignment
* Empty statement

Tab "Unused Code"
* Local variable is never read
* Unused or unread private members
* Unnecessary cast or instanceof operation

Tab "Javadoc"
* Malformed Javadoc comments

For my projects I have additionally set to "Warning" the following entries:

Tab "Style":
* Unqualified access to instance fileds (i.e. prefix "this")

But this gives to many warnings with Cocoon.

Some other entries might be useful as well (for example "unused parameters"),
but not for project with heavy use of interfaces and class hierarchies as it
will lead to thousands of errors.

With the above settings Cocoon has only 15 warnings at the moment.

Joerg

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/pipeline/impl CachingPointProcessingPipeline.java

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.