Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jim Stafford <jc...@apl.jhu.edu> on 2004/01/05 03:44:43 UTC

application-specific JMS properties

We ar investigating the use of using AXIS to send SOAP messages over our
JMS enterprise backbone. The new 1.2alpha version looks pretty close,
but why was the JMSSender.createSendProperties() method declared
private? This required our code to copy/paste/modify your version
instead of a very minor specialization of the JMSSender.

Before we go and basically re-write those sections for our own needs, I
would like to ask what you thoughts are on the Axis  framework
supporting application-specific JMS properties? and how we can align
some thoughts so that changes we make could get placed into the baseline.

It would also be handy to have the stub generator build a stub interface
that provides the ability to pass in some of these properties on the
method call. We don't expect our end users to deal with the Call
interface, but instead use the static stub interface to communicate.
However, only they can provide the proper values for the
application-specific properties. Our JMS System spans the global
anterprise and various routing properties must be supplied in order to
efficiently broadcast or direct messages to distributed locations and
have replies make it back; specially when the messages are spanning
multiple JMS server systems.

thanks,
jim