Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Lin Guo <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/03 12:17:21 UTC

how to deserialize the contents of hadoop output (sequencefileoutputformat)

I am wondering whether it is possible to deserialize the keys and values in a hadoop output file where the output format is SequenceFileOutputFormat.

many thanks!

Re: how to deserialize the contents of hadoop output (sequencefileoutputformat)

Posted by Stuart Sierra <ma...@stuartsierra.com>.
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:17 AM, Lin Guo <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am wondering whether it is possible to deserialize the keys and values in a hadoop output file where the output format is SequenceFileOutputFormat.

I wrote some code to do this, samples attached.
-Stuart

RE: how to deserialize the contents of hadoop output (sequencefileoutputformat)

Posted by "Chen, Young" <yo...@intel.com>.
Do you mean read output file which create by SequenceFile.createWriter? If so, maybe below code part will be useful. It reads out long integer number out from sequence file.

      SequenceFile.Reader reader = new SequenceFile.Reader(fileSys, inFile, jobConf);
      LongWritable numInside = new LongWritable();
      LongWritable numOutside = new LongWritable();
      reader.next(numInside, numOutside);

Posted by Chris Douglas <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
If your keys and values have meaningful toString methods, hadoop fs -
text <path> will print the contents to stdout. -C