Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2022/09/26 08:44:10 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache PLC4X Build-Tools Code-Generation 1.6.0 RC1

Hi all,

So, the vote passes with 4 binding +1 votes and no other votes.

Thanks for taking the time to review the release. Next up is finally a PLC4X release ;-)

Chris

From: Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>
Date: Friday, 23. September 2022 at 08:50
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X Build-Tools Code-Generation 1.6.0 RC1
+1 (binding)

Chris

[OK] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release vote email.
[OK] Verify the signature is correct.
[OK] Check if the signature references an Apache email address.
[OK] Verify the SHA512 hashes.
[OK] Unzip the archive.
[OK] Verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted source bundle.
[OK] Verify the content of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted source bundle.
[OK] [RM] Verify the staged source README, RELEASE_NOTE files correspond to those in the extracted source bundle.
[OK] [RM] Run RAT externally to ensure there are no surprises.
[OK] Search for SNAPSHOT references
[OK] Search for Copyright references, and if they are in headers, make sure these files containing them are mentioned in the LICENSE file.
[MINOR] Build the project according to the information in the README.md file.

So, it seems the code-generation part is missing the “.mvn/” directory for the maven-wrapper. Building it using “mvnw” didn’t work. However, it built perfectly using my normal Maven installation. If this was PLC4X itself I probably would do a new RC, but this is actually a part no user should have to build on his own. So, I guess this is something I personally can live with.

From: Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 22. September 2022 at 20:41
To: dev@plc4x.apache.org <de...@plc4x.apache.org>
+1

Lukas

System:
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 22.04
Codename: jammy

openjdk version "11.0.16" 2022-07-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.16+8-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu122.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.16+8-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu122.04, mixed
mode)

Executed command: /build-tools/apache-plc4x-code-generation-1.6.0$ mvn
install

Apache Maven 3.6.3
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java version: 11.0.16, vendor: Ubuntu, runtime:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64
OS name: "linux", version: "5.15.0-48-generic", arch: "amd64", family:
"unix"

Used apache-rat-0.15.jar for license check.

This URL:
https://www.apache.org/dev/release/validation.html#approving-a-release ends
in 404.

[x] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release
vote email.
[x] Verify the signature is correct.
[x] Check if the signature references an Apache email address.
[x] Verify the SHA512 hashes.
[x] Unzip the archive.
[x] Verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in
the extracted source bundle.
[x] Verify the content of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in
the extracted source bundle.
[x] [RM] Verify the staged source README, RELEASE_NOTE files correspond to
those in the extracted source bundle.
[x] [RM] Run RAT externally to ensure there are no surprises.
[x] Search for SNAPSHOT references
[x] Search for Copyright references, and if they are in headers, make sure
these files containing them are mentioned in the LICENSE file.
[x] Build the project according to the information in the README.md file.
[x] [RM] Build the project with all with-xyz profiles and tests enabled and
an empty maven local repo.