Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org> on 2002/08/02 00:16:46 UTC

Re: cygwin notes: needs symlinks

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 12:05:44PM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
> just configured the latest CVS flood and arp for the latest cygwin
> (not from CVS)
>
> using autotool-devel: (there's also a new autotool-stable, which needs
> similar symlinks)
>
>   cd /usr/share/aclocal
>   for s in /usr/autotool/devel/share/aclocal/* ; do ln -s $s; done
>
>   cd /usr/src/apache/httpd-test/flood
>   ./buildconf
>   cd apr
>   ./buildconf
>   cd ..
>   ./configure  --enable-ssl --with-capath=/usr/ssl/certs \
>                --disable-shared
>   make all
>
> works okay.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Any idea why your version of autoconf
looks for those files in /usr/share/aclocal instead of in the full
path? Maybe a mismatched binary? Or is something in flood causing it?

> This patch below is a minor aesthetic fix for the cygwin /usr/bin/echo
> which doesn't print "\t".

Thanks, I'll apply this right away. (My shell doesn't interpolate \t
either, so I don't know how that snuck in there... maybe we should
just do literal ascii tabs?)

-aaron