Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Florian Micklich <mi...@apache.org> on 2022/09/17 22:51:45 UTC

CLI Installer does not start anymore

Hi,

I just pulled to the latest dev commit
(4c039efb804dccc1262b9e9bbbcd2797801fa24e)
I don't know if this action is related, but since then I can't launch
the CLI installer.

No Docker containers are started and only the following message
appears:

streampipes up -d  _______ __                              ______
__ |     __|  |_.----.-----.---.-.--------.|   __ \__|.-----.-----.--
---. |__     |   _|   _|  -__|  _  |        ||    __/  ||  _  |  -__|__
--| |_______|____|__|
|_____|___._|__|__|__||___|  |__||   __|_____|_____|
                                  |__|
Welcome to Apache StreamPipes - wait for installation to be finished...
[INFO] Version: 0.71.0-SNAPSHOT[INFO] Environment: 'pipeline-
element'[INFO] Mode: Development mode, all ports mapped

I also did a "streampipes clean" to get sure that nothing previous is
dangling but still same result.

 streampipes clean

[WARN] This will remove:    - StreamPipes docker network    - all
dangling StreamPipes images
Are you sure you want to continue? [y/N]: y[INFO] No dangling
StreamPipes images found[INFO] No StreamPipes docker network found

Can someone check if this is a generell problem or only on my side
(again)?

Greetings
Florian

AW: CLI Installer does not start anymore

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ph...@bytefabrik.ai>.
Hi Florian,

I am glad to hear that it is working now.

The .spenv file contains all the names of the services that should be started. I guess there was an error in this file before.
This file is initially generated by the command ‘streampipes env --set #ENVIRONMENT’.
You can also edit it manually. To add a new service, you can look up the name of the service in the directory ‘/deploy/standalone’ and add it as a new line to the .spenv file.
Once you did that you have to run ‘streampips up -d’ to start the service.

Philipp

Von: Florian Micklich <fl...@mailbox.org.INVALID>
Datum: Montag, 19. September 2022 um 10:09
An: dev <de...@streampipes.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: CLI Installer does not start anymore
Hi Philipp,

no, that was a really odd behaviour.

I was able to "fix" it but still donˋt know why this was happening.

To fix this situatuation I made a new git pull into a seperate folder, set the environment to pipeline elemnts and started the container.
This was working like expected. Then I checked the difference between the old and new cli folder and the only difference was the
spenv file. This was not existing in the new folder.
Do double check I coppied the spenv file into the new folder and started the containers and it was still working.

And now comes the fun part. Then I gave the old cli another try (without doing anything) and it was starting again as well! oO

So I donˋt really now why and what.
Can you explain how the spenv file is created and what it is for. I missed that bit.

Florian

⁣BlueMail for Android herunterladen ​

Re: CLI Installer does not start anymore

Posted by Florian Micklich <fl...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
Hi Philipp,