Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Danilo Rosetto Muñoz <mu...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/15 17:20:12 UTC

FtpServer - Receive files by memory

Hi all,

I would like to know some way to get FTP received files directly from
memory. I mean redirect file transfers to the memory and listening them. I
want this in order to embbeded a FTP Server on my app and handling new
files through memory without using filesystem.

I've read the source code and could not find any idea.

Thank in advance,

--
Danilo Rosetto Muñoz
munozdanilo@gmail.com

RE: FtpServer - Receive files by memory

Posted by Frank van der Kleij <kl...@hotmail.com>.
The use case is a bit particular because in most cases you'd want to have some isolation between the file system views - especially when using VFS authentication.

But your case is proof that it has its uses, especially when using non-VFS authentication, and it should not be impossible to implement, so please do log an issue.

If you don't have a SF account I can do it myself as well.

Cheers,
Frank

Posted by Danilo Rosetto Muñoz <mu...@gmail.com>.
Frank,

Posted by Frank van der Kleij <kl...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Danilo Rosetto Muñoz <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Danilo Rosetto Muñoz <mu...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Danilo Rosetto Muñoz <mu...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I have this code:

FtpServerFactory serverFactory = new FtpServerFactory();

> ListenerFactory factory = new ListenerFactory();

factory.setPort(21);

serverFactory.addListener("default", factory.createListener());

> serverFactory.setFileSystem(new VfsFileSystemFactory());

> VfsUser user = new VfsUser();

user.setName("danilo");

user.setPassword("danilo");

user.setHomeDirectory("ram://ftp/danilo");

user.setEnabled(true);

 FileSystemManager fsm = VFS.getManager();

 FileObject root = fsm.resolveFile("ram://root");

FileObject rootDir = fsm.createVirtualFileSystem(root);

rootDir.createFolder();

 FileObject homeDir = rootDir.resolveFile("ram://root/danilo");

homeDir.createFolder();

 VfsInfo vfsInfo = new VfsInfo(rootDir, homeDir, true);

user.setVfsInfo(vfsInfo);

 List<Authority> authorities = new ArrayList<Authority>();

authorities.add(new WritePermission());

user.setAuthorities(authorities);

 VfsUserManager um = new VfsUserManager();

um.save(user);

 serverFactory.setUserManager(um);

> FtpServer server = serverFactory.createServer();

server.start();

I'm using the following libs:
commons-vfs-1.0.jar
ftplet-api-1.0.5.jar
ftpserver-core-1.0.5.jar
mina-core-2.0.0-RC1.jar
slf4j-api-1.5.2.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.5.2.jar
vfsutils-ftpserver-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
vfsutils-utils-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

The code works and starts de server ok, but I have the following error
during authentication:

> ftp> open localhost

Conectado a danilo-pc.

Posted by Frank van der Kleij <kl...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Danilo Rosetto Muñoz <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank van der Kleij <kl...@hotmail.com>.
I think you'd better use commons-vfs-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar. You should also add vfsutils-ftpserver-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and vfsutils-utils-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.

Posted by Danilo Rosetto Muñoz <mu...@gmail.com>.
I was trying to implement use of VSF when you give me this tip.

I check the website you provided (
http://vfs-utils.sourceforge.net/ftpserver/index.html):
*To use this bridge you should just add the VFS libraries, the VFS FTP
Server library and, if needed, your custom VFS Provider and its dependencies
to the common/lib directory of your Apache FTP Server installation.*

So, I've added the following libs to my project:
commons-vfs-1.0.jar
ftplet-api-1.0.5.jar
ftpserver-core-1.0.5.jar
mina-core-2.0.0-RC1.jar
slf4j-api-1.5.2.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.5.2.jar

<http://vfs-utils.sourceforge.net/ftpserver/index.html>The FTP server
started and works, but doesn´t with VSF. This is code I'm using:

> FtpServerFactory serverFactory = new FtpServerFactory();

 ListenerFactory factory = new ListenerFactory();

factory.setPort(21);

serverFactory.addListener("default", factory.createListener());

> PropertiesUserManagerFactory userManagerFactory = new
> PropertiesUserManagerFactory();

userManagerFactory.setFile(new File("etc/ftp-users.properties"));

userManagerFactory.setPasswordEncryptor(new SaltedPasswordEncryptor());

> BaseUser user = new BaseUser();

user.setName("danilo");

user.setPassword("mypass");

Posted by Frank van der Kleij <kl...@hotmail.com>.
Another option - though one that gives you slightly less control is to use the VFS filesystem plugin for the FTP server (http://vfs-utils.sourceforge.net/ftpserver/index.html) because then you can use the ram:// filesystem (http://commons.apache.org/vfs/filesystems.html#ram) that works on memory.Frank

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.