Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Flavio Castro Alves Filho <fl...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/19 19:41:59 UTC

dmesg return is empty

Hello,

I installed dmesg (ramlog) support on my system and when I run it on
nuttshell I have an empty response.

I am using NuttX release 10
My board is stm32f4discovery
My configuration is nsh, with the adaption for USB according to the
video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BznGFvodmg)
I have just set CONFIG_RAMLOG and its integration with SYSLOG.

I have also followed the instruction from the wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTTX/Logging+to+a+RAM+Buffer

Is there any missing information or configuration?

Do we have initialization messages displayed on syslog? (I think so,
because when I don't use USB console I can see some messages on the
serial)

What is missing to enable ramlog on my Nuttx?

Best regards,

Flavio

Note: the Youtube video for this subject
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2kyHctm9YM) didn't work for me. It
didn't build.
Note2: to make USB console working correctly, I applied manually the
following pull request:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx-apps/pull/521

--
Flavio de Castro Alves Filho

flavio.alves@gmail.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/fraviofii
LinkedIn profile: www.linkedin.com/in/flaviocastroalves

RES: dmesg return is empty

Posted by fl...@gmail.com.
Hello Alan,

I tried but no success.

No problem. For now, I will let like that and later use the firmware function to confirm if it is working or not.

I am working on a bring-up. So, for this moment, I am trying to avoid looking too much on the firmware. I will do that when the peripherals are all running.

Best regards,

Flavio

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.

Re: dmesg return is empty