Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Matthew Bruce <mb...@blackberry.com> on 2016/02/03 16:54:11 UTC

Method to re-populate keytabs on a single host?

Hello Ambari Users,

I was wondering if anyone has come across a way to push the Keytabs for a specific host/component when using automated Kerberos in Ambari?  If the Keytabs get deleted off of a host ,currently the only solution I can see (via Ambari) is to regenerate all the Keytabs for the cluster which requires a restart of all services.

Thanks,
Matthew Bruce
mbruce@blackberry.com

Re: Method to re-populate keytabs on a single host?

Posted by Robert Levas <rl...@hortonworks.com>.
Sorry, premature send…

If you are daring and have a backup of your Ambari database, you can remove the relevant entries from the kerberos_principal_host table and then click then regenerate the missing keytabs.

Rob

From: Robert Levas <rl...@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 11:29 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Method to re-populate keytabs on a single host?

Matthew…

You can try to Regenerate Keytabs and click the check box on the first popup page that indicates to only create the missing keytab files. However the Ambari server may not know that the keytabs are missing from that one host.

From: Matthew Bruce <mb...@blackberry.com>>
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 10:54 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Method to re-populate keytabs on a single host?

mbruce@blackberry.com<ma...@blackberry.com>

Re: Method to re-populate keytabs on a single host?

Posted by Robert Levas <rl...@hortonworks.com>.
Matthew…