Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rafael Caceres <rc...@m1.aasa.com.pe> on 2004/09/15 22:33:59 UTC

Logs showing DBD::Oracle errors from nonexistant and/or unconnected apps

Hi,

About a month ago, we started having our Apache (1.3.29,mod_perl 1.29)
logs showing many DBD::Oracle errors (basically ORA-01001:Invalid
Cursor, ORA-01007: variable not in select list, ORA-01461: can bind a
LONG value only for insert in a LONG column, ORA-03120: two-task
conversion routine - integer overflow) ocurring on the AuthTicket.pm
module and an internal bugtrack.pl application running under
Apache::Registry and using DBD::Oracle. The last change to them ocurred
in march, and both are hitted hundreds of times per day. All
applications connect to the same database, as the same user and with
similar characteristics, and we use Apache::DBI.

Checking the /var/log/messages file on the server, I've seen many
similar to:

Sep 13 08:10:47 intranet RT: DBD::Oracle::db prepare failed: ORA-03114:
not connected to ORACLE (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute/Describe) [for
Statement "select fullname from util.sso_users where username = ?"] at
/usr/local/apache/perl/ssouser.pl line 357.
(/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT.pm:235)

Now, RT is the RT3 help tickets application, which is protected by an
authorization module (derived from AuthTicket.pm) using DBD::Oracle. But
ssouser.pl is an application totally unrelated to RT3 and AuthTicket.pm.

I'm at a loss here. Any help or pointers will be much appreciated

Rafael