Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/21 16:58:50 UTC

Using Maven Shade plugin to create Uber-Jar of another Maven plugin

Hi,

There is some code within the maven-license-plugin which I would like to
package into a jar file and extend, this would enable my project to use it
@ runtime. I am currently working to configure the Maven shade plugin to do
this, but haven't quite got the configuration correct yet. First things
first I suppose...
1) Has anyone used the maven-shade-plugin to retrieve a plugin artefact and
use the resulting uber jar within your /lib directory @ runtime. If so can
anyone pass on some implementation details as I'm struggling?

My project is structured as follows

parent project
├── main module
│   ├── build
│   ├── conf
│   │   └── license-headers.txt for use @ runtime
│   ├── lib <<< location where I would like the shaded maven-license-plugin
uber jar to be available for use @ runtime
│   ├── lib-ext
│   ├── pom.xml
│   ├── src
│   │
│   └── target
├── parent-pom.xml

I thought it would be best to try and describe the problem before I begin
pasting pom.xml code all ovet the place.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or direction.

Lewis
--
*Lewis*