Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2023/08/07 15:35:48 UTC

[VOTE] Modularisation, Gradle and source code restructuring

Hello all

Following on the proposal posted as a discussion thread one week ago, a
pull request has been created with the specific changes:

    https://github.com/apache/sis/pull/37

Given that this is a big change for Apache SIS developers (but not for
users of the binaries), I think that we need a vote. So this is a vote
for merging the above-cited pull request. I will keep the vote open for
one week, until Monday August 14th.

     Martin

Re: [VOTE] Modularisation, Gradle and source code restructuring

Posted by Nicholas Knize <nk...@gmail.com>.
+1

Nicholas Knize, Ph.D., GISP
Principal Engineer - Search  |  Amazon
Apache Lucene PMC Member and Committer
nknize@apache.org

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Knize <nk...@gmail.com>.
+1 as well. Will it be a squash merge or will the merge retain the separate
commits for traceability?

On Sun, Aug 13, 2023, 11:53 AM Martin Desruisseaux <

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.

Posted by Alexis Manin <am...@apache.org>.
Vote : +1

The split between stable and incubator looks like a very good idea.

JPMS also seems an important step.

Regards,

Posted by Johann Sorel <jo...@geomatys.com>.
I'm fine with JPMS. +1