Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Harald Wellmann <Ha...@gmx.de> on 2010/02/25 11:05:29 UTC

Localization

Are there any guidelines for localizing Roller?

I noticed that a lot of strings are missing in the German localization, so I've started filling in the gaps in the resource bundle ApplicationResources_de.properties on trunk, also fixing some style and consistency issues in existing translations.

Is there any preferred tool for working on resource bundles? I'm currently using the Eclipse Resource Bundle editor from http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-rbe/. There might be an issue with the fact that this tool reorders and reformats the entries, so that a diff with the previous version is pretty meaningless.

On the other hand, once there is a mandatory tool, your diffs will be a lot more consistent in the future.

Apart from the tool question, I would like to contribute my changes to the German resources. Should I just post the file on this mailing list or create a JIRA issue with an attachment?

Best regards,

Harald

Re: Localization

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
We might be able to leverage the following site for translations:

http://99translations.com/

Re: Localization

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.