Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ar...@waikato.ac.nz on 2005/11/10 02:23:32 UTC

Typical settings for bayes_ignore_header?

Gidday folks.

I'm pretty sure my Bayes database is muntered, because an awful lot of
ham is receiving a full Bayes penalty.  It's been particularly hard
keeping this list's posts from being tagged.

>From Pete Dubler:

 0.999-2--0h-46s--0d--Indeed,

...meaning the word "Indeed" has been found in 46 spam but in NO ham
messages?  Am I reading that correctly?  I've got tens of thousands of
live accounts here and I would expect some of them to receive the word
"Indeed" on occasion.  Bayes auto learning is on, thresholds at -2 and
+10.

But I expect that problem will go away after a bit of sa-learning,
starting with --clear.  On to my question:

Here are some Bayes spammytags on a recent post from Matt Kettler,
subject "Re: some mail still not getting X-SPAM headers":

 1.000-22--0h-606s--0d--readd,
 1.000-4--0h-93s--0d--H*M:inc,
 1.000-166--0h-4623s--0d--HReceived-SPF:designates,

1: "readd" wasn't in the message.  Huh?
2: What is H*M:inc?  "inc" was in the message ID?
   Where can I find an explanation of the colon-syntax?

3: What do you use for bayes_ignore_header?  I have listed three that
  Gnus adds, but otherwise I'm relying on defaults.  What's accepted
  practice?

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew Donkin                  Waikato University, Hamilton,  New Zealand

Re: Typical settings for bayes_ignore_header?

Posted by Craig McLean <cr...@fukka.co.uk>.