Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/05 23:00:24 UTC

Maven site build errors

I have a multi-module maven build and can't get the site build to
work.  It's currently failing with this error.  The module its failing
on, stand-alone, doesn't have any code just packages assemblies, etc.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.2:site (default-site) on
project stand-alone: failed to get report for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-report-plugin

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.2:site (default-site) on
project stand-alone: failed to get report for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-report-plugin: Failed to
execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.4:copy-dependencies
(copy-dependencies) on project stand-alone: Error copying artifact
from F:\work\7832e3bc4d2f257b\dashboard-core\target\classes to
F:\work\7832e3bc4d2f257b\stand-alone\target\stand-alone-4.4-SNAPSHOT\packages\dashboard-core-4.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:
F:\work\7832e3bc4d2f257b\dashboard-core\target\classes (Access is
denied) -> [Help 1]
[13:52:12]

Re: Maven site build errors

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.
Yes this has fixed this issue, thank you!

-Dave

Re: Maven site build errors

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
ok, we got it:

Re: Maven site build errors

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.
Sure here is the build log from the site build (regular build works).

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.2:site (default-cli) on
project stand-alone: failed to get report for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-report-plugin: Failed to
execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.4:copy-dependencies
(copy-dependencies) on project stand-alone: Error copying artifact
from C:\svn\chat-dashboard\trunk\dashboard-core\target\classes to
C:\svn\chat-dashboard\trunk\stand-alone\target\stand-alone-4.4-SNAPSHOT\packages\dashboard-core-4.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:
C:\svn\chat-dashboard\trunk\dashboard-core\target\classes (Access is
denied) -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.2:site
(default-cli) on project stand-alone: failed to get report for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-report-plugin
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:217)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
[...]
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
[...]
at org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.DefaultMavenReportExecutor.buildMavenReports(DefaultMavenReportExecutor.java:150)
... 23 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error
copying artifact from
C:\svn\chat-dashboard\trunk\dashboard-core\target\classes to
C:\svn\chat-dashboard\trunk\stand-alone\target\stand-alone-4.4-SNAPSHOT\packages\dashboard-core-4.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
at org.apache.maven.plugin.dependency.AbstractDependencyMojo.copyFile(AbstractDependencyMojo.java:197)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.dependency.CopyDependenciesMojo.copyArtifact(CopyDependenciesMojo.java:197)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.dependency.CopyDependenciesMojo.execute(CopyDependenciesMojo.java:89)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
... 29 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\svn\chat-dashboard\trunk\dashboard-core\target\classes (Access is
denied)
at org.codehaus.plexus.util.io.FileInputStreamFacade.getInputStream(FileInputStreamFacade.java:36)
at org.codehaus.plexus.util.FileUtils.copyStreamToFile(FileUtils.java:1141)
at org.codehaus.plexus.util.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:1048)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.dependency.AbstractDependencyMojo.copyFile(AbstractDependencyMojo.java:192)

Re: Maven site build errors

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Re: Maven site build errors

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven site build errors

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven site build errors

Posted by Adrien Rivard <ad...@gmail.com>.
Most probably, it means that one of the file is used by another
application, thus cannot be deleted.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:47 PM, David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Those last two lines make no sense to me as this happens on systems
> with Admin/root permissions.  There doesn't seem to be any way this
> can be a permissions issue, so I assume that's an incorrect/misleading
> message.
>
> -Dave
>
> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>
> wrote:
> > please read the last two lines
> >> F:\work\7832e3bc4d2f257b\dashboard-core\target\classes (Access is
> >> denied)
> >
> > Le mercredi 5 décembre 2012 15:00:24 David Hoffer a écrit :
> >> I have a multi-module maven build and can't get the site build to
> >> work.  It's currently failing with this error.  The module its failing
> >> on, stand-alone, doesn't have any code just packages assemblies, etc.
> >>
> >> Any ideas what is causing this?
> >>
> >> Failed to execute goal
> >> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.2:site (default-site) on
> >> project stand-alone: failed to get report for
> >> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-report-plugin
> >>
> >> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> >> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.2:site (default-site) on
> >> project stand-alone: failed to get report for
> >> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-report-plugin: Failed to
> >> execute goal
> >> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.4:copy-dependencies
> >> (copy-dependencies) on project stand-alone: Error copying artifact from
> >> F:\work\7832e3bc4d2f257b\dashboard-core\target\classes to
> >>
> F:\work\7832e3bc4d2f257b\stand-alone\target\stand-alone-4.4-SNAPSHOT\package
> >> s\dashboard-core-4.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:
> >> F:\work\7832e3bc4d2f257b\dashboard-core\target\classes (Access is
> >> denied) -> [Help 1]
> >> [13:52:12]

Adrien Rivard
06 63 08 79 74

Re: Maven site build errors

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Disk full? Have you tried building from C:?

/Anders

Re: Maven site build errors

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven site build errors