Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Yang <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/03 20:41:49 UTC

failed to create an external hive table on parquet files (hive 0.14)

we want to use the Timestamp feature, so have to use 0.14

according to this https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Parquet

for 0.13 above

CREATE TABLE parquet_test (
x int )
STORED AS PARQUET location '/tmp/myparquet_files';

it works fine with creation. but select * from parquet_test gives just NULL.

I tried to create an internal table with parquet format, it does work.
and selection works too.

but then after I point the location of an external table to that new
internal table, it still selects NULL  on output.

Thanks

Yang