Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Jem Mawson <je...@loftinspace.com.au> on 2004/04/02 05:28:18 UTC

Bug: NullPointerException from Reference.calculateDigest()

Hi

I've been compiling a comprehensive test suite for my class which is
wrapping XMLSignature.sign and XMLSignature.checkSignatureValue.

When I modify or remove the DigestMethod/@Alorithm or DigestValue/text the
xml-security library throws a NullPointerException. (See stack trace
below). This should be wrapped.

If there's a more appropriate place for this bug report please let me know.

Cheers
Jem

testOmittedDigestMethod(au.com.national.cib.xml.security.XmlEnvelopingDocumentTest)java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.calculateDigest(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.verify(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Manifest.verifyReferences(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xml.security.signature.SignedInfo.verify(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignature.checkSignatureValue(Unknown
Source)

Re: Bug: NullPointerException from Reference.calculateDigest()

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Jeremy,

Thanks for the report.  Would be fantastic if you could put in bugzilla :

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/index.html

That way it won't get lost.

Cheers,
    Berin