Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marco Ferrari <fe...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/18 12:34:58 UTC

Maven Archetype plugin sourceEncoding

Dear list,
I am currently using the Maven Archetype plugin to generate an archetype
from an existing project.

When I run archetype:create-from-project, I get a couple of warnings:
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:resources (default-resources) @
maven-archetype-base-archetype ---
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (Cp1252 actually) to copy filtered
resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] Copying 10 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:testResources (default-testResources)
@ maven-archetype-base-archetype ---
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (Cp1252 actually) to copy filtered
resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] Copying 2 resources

I have set these properties in the pom of the project I am using to
generate the archetype:

    <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
    <project.build.sourceEncoding>${encoding}</project.build.sourceEncoding>
    <project.reporting.outputEncoding>${encoding}</project.reporting.outputEncoding>
    <project.resources.sourceEncoding>${encoding}</project.resources.sourceEncoding>
    <archetype.encoding>${encoding}</archetype.encoding>

You can see the details in my stackoverflow question:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24144073/why-does-maven-warns-me-about-encoding

The warnings do not show up when running goals from other plugins.

Any ideas about a possible solution?

Thanks.

Regards,
Marco Ferrari