Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Len DiMaggio <ld...@redhat.com> on 2006/04/05 04:58:04 UTC

Can't run roller as with Tomcat running as a service

'Evening everyone,

   Has anyone seen this one?

   I'm running on Red Hat EL 4.0 with 2.0 (or 2.1) or Roller Web Logger.
I can get it to build cleanly and run under tomcat if tomcat is run as
root, or from a shell as the tomcat account user. But, when I run Tomcat
as a service, I see this error for the roller app.

   WARNING: Failed to register in JMX: javax.naming.NamingException:
Cannot create resource instance

   Which is followed by lots of related errors in the app log - such as
javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance
        at
org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(Ljava/lang/Object
;Ljavax/naming/Name;Ljavax/naming/Context;Ljava/util/Hashtable;)Ljava/lang/Object;(Resou
rceFactory.java:132)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljavax/nam
ing/Name;Ljavax/naming/Context;Ljava/util/Hashtable;)Ljava/lang/Object;(NamingManager.ja
va:301)

  I'm guessing that this is some permission problem, but I'm out of ideas.

Many thanks!,
Len D.

--
ldimaggi@redhat.com