Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by rokham <so...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/12 04:49:10 UTC

Re: JCROM and Jackrabbit OCM

Hi all,

I'd like to echo the groups' voice. We've been using Jcrom for an open
source project (called RoOLO: http://code.google.com/p/roolo/) we're
building at the University of Toronto together with several universities in
Europe as well as University of Berkeley. We started using Jackrabbit/Jcrom
about a year ago and as everyone said, it's a very light weight platform but
has some kinks which will need to be ironed out.

I was evaluating OCM vs. Jcrom and chose Jcrom since it seemed more robust
back then with better documentation.

So I'd say it would be great if Jcrom was brought into Jackrabbit since I
know at least 20 or so developers who are building on top of it :)

If this integration is approved and we are seeking contributors, I might be
able to mention it to our group and see if anyone is able to contribute some
time.

Thanks a lot.