Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joe Barefoot <Jo...@motiva.com> on 2002/08/30 22:11:28 UTC

RE: Help me shake the cobwebs out... (also http://www.computer-programmer.org/articles/struts/ is back up)

You're welcome.  Sorry I was a bit terse/militant, but this list has been spammed with so much crap lately it's starting to overwhelm my usually pacific demeanour. :)

peace,
Joe

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Craig Tataryn <cr...@hotmail.com>.
That's ok Joe, I understand.

The one thing I do when I subscribe to a mail group is say to myself "Am I
here to help myself or to help others?"  Nine times out of ten it ends up
being both.  If I respond to someone's query I only do so if I legitimately
have something to contribute, I never respond if it is going to be
condesending.  When I dedicate myself to helping a mailing list, I answer
people's questions in hopes that they may one day answer some of mine.  Yes,
I should have queried the manuals closer, my bad.  Remember sarcasim should
be left for Usenet :)  If I respond with an RTFM type post, I usually
provide a link to the document I wish the user to read, or atleast a quote.
I know some people abuse this level of help, but on a whole it helps the
group.

In my RTFM'ing I understand the concept behind Dynaforms, but was wondering
if someone could provide an example?

And Plugins, still not clear on how/when I would use such a thing.  Is there
a specific example someone has at the top of their head?

Thanks,

Craig.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>