Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Gilbert, Antoine" <AG...@korem.com> on 2006/02/24 15:43:44 UTC

commons-compress

Hi

I'm trying the common-compress objects, but I'm unable to make it works
as expected.

I have filenames with special characters (French accents) to compress
(base zip format), I set the encoding as UTF-8 but my filenames are
getting wrong in the archive.

Here is how I init my stream

zos = new ZipOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(file));

zos.setEncoding("utf-8");

zos.setMethod(zos.DEFLATED);

zos.setLevel(5);

Does I'm doing something wrong ?

Antoine

Re: commons-compress

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Gilbert!
>  I have filenames with special characters (French accents) to compress
> (base zip format), I set the encoding as UTF-8 but my filenames are
> getting wrong in the archive.

I am definitely not sure about what I say now, but I think it is not
possible to use UTF-8 encoding by default?
Its sort of non standard extension.
At least your "unzip" have to know how to deal with, maybe yours is not
capable to handle these utf-8 encoded strings.

If possible try using a non multibyte encoding.

Or correct me if I am wrong :-)

Ciao,
Mario

Re: commons-compress