Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mekin Maheshwari <me...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/15 05:55:55 UTC

Documenting function queries [was Re: NumberFormat exception when trying to use recip function query]

>   2) eliminate the space inside the recip functions

This solved it :)

I would like to document this along with a little detail about function
queries & may be if I get enough time, simple graphs that I created to help
people choose the right values for using in the function queries.

I dont see a link from the wiki at the top level -
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/

I do see a stub for - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery

Which I can start filling up.

The other options are - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRelevancyCookbook
and
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxRequestHandler

I am inclined to creating the FuntionQuery page and adding links to it from
the other 2 pages.

Let me know if you think of a more appropriate place to put this stuff.

Thanks,
mekin

Re: Documenting function queries [was Re: NumberFormat exception when trying to use recip function query]

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 5/14/07, Mekin Maheshwari <me...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >   2) eliminate the space inside the recip functions
>
> This solved it :)

I think that issue is probably due to the dismax handler splitting up
function queries on whitespace, and not the parsing of the individual
function queries.  We could probably handle that better by not
splitting inside parens.

-Yonik

Re: Documenting function queries [was Re: NumberFormat exception when trying to use recip function query]

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I would like to document this along with a little detail about function
: queries & may be if I get enough time, simple graphs that I created to help
: people choose the right values for using in the function queries.

that would be *awesome*

: I do see a stub for - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery

there's no actual stub article, but the wiki probably shows you a link
there from somewhere that someone types FunctionQuery (since java class
names look like wikiwords) so there's no particular reason to fill up that
page ... but it's pretty much the best possible name, so my all means
start using it.

: I am inclined to creating the FuntionQuery page and adding links to it from
: the other 2 pages.

sounds like a good plan to me.

-Hoss