Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jingmei Li <Ji...@bentley.com> on 2002/04/02 22:11:23 UTC

how to update URL via NodeRevisionDescriptors?

I modified NodeRevisionDescriptors.setUrl(string); from package access to
public so that I can call it in my code.

Now the question is "does the updated url stay with the
NodeRevisionDescriptors for the NodeRevision?"
In myMkColMethod, I had to customize the colName to integrate with our own
DMS system, but how do I pass the updated colName/Url to other methods? I
can't modify HttpServletRequest.requestUrl, can I?

I tried calling NodeRevisionDescriptors.setUrl(string), but when I retrieve
it in other method like myPutMethod it doesn't reflect the change.
i.e. in myPutMethod.java
String tmpPath = resourcePath.substring(0, resourcePath.lastIndexOf("/"));
//remove the file name at the end of resourcePath
NodeRevisionDescriptors myRevisionDescriptors =
content.retrieve(slideToken, tmpPath); //retrieve revisionDecriptors
System.out.println(myRevisionDescriptors.getUrl()); //getUrl

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Jingmei