Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Tom Norton <to...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/16 23:18:06 UTC

JGrowlBehavior

We use JGrowl on our website, and now that we've moved to wicket, I've been
trying to create a JGrowlBehavior.  The only time we want this behavior to
run is AFTER the ajax events of other behaviors and components.  Because of
this, I cannot use AbstractAjaxBehavior or AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior,
since they require round trips.  Does anyone have any ideas?  We use wicket
1.5.4.

Thanks,
Tom

Re: JGrowlBehavior

Posted by Tom Norton <to...@gmail.com>.
onEvent worked wonders.

Thanks,
Tom

Re: JGrowlBehavior

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend

Re: JGrowlBehavior

Posted by Thomas Götz <to...@decoded.de>.
You could use Wicket's default ajax event (using the inter-component event API):
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migration-to-wicket-15.html#MigrationtoWicket1.5-Defaultajaxevent

If you don't want to react upon *each* ajax event you need to explicitly trigger an event, put some playload (e.g. a marker class "MyEvent"), check for that payload in onEvent and trigger your update respectively.

   -Tom