Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Jones <ke...@develop.com> on 2000/03/01 15:44:35 UTC

Sessions

Appear to have stopped working - I'm running a standalone (no Apache) 28th
Feb build on W2K, and sessions don't work. I thought maybe it was me, but
the NumGuess example isn't working either,

Kevin Jones
DevelopMentor

Re: Sessions

Posted by Gal Shachor <sh...@il.ibm.com>.
Kevin,

Sessions are working fine for me on NT4.0 and Linux, so it is strange...
Can
it be that your browser does not accept the session cookies?

The spec defines a limit on domain where the cookie can leave (for good
privacy reasons) and I have seen both Netscape and IE becoming peaky
regarding
the cookies that they are willing to accept (for example cookies with
the
domain localhost!!!)

Check that Tomcat is sending cookies (try telnet localhost 8080 for
example) and
then check the the cookie is actually submitted back by the browser
(SnoopServlet
is a good candidate for such test)

Usually if this is the problem accessing tomcat with a full dns is going
fix this problem (for example http://www.xxx.com:8080/ instead of
http://localhost:8080/)

	Gal Shachor