Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by melvincarvalho <me...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/21 16:00:11 UTC

Field.Text

Hi All

I am trying to run some of the demos for Lucene but cant seem to find the
Field.Text class in the javadoc or to compile with lucene 2.0.0

Am I doing something wrong?

doc.add(Field.Text("title",acc.getTitle()));

http://www.jroller.com/page/wakaleo/?anchor=lucene_a_tutorial_introduction_to

Re: Field.Text

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 8/21/06, melvincarvalho <me...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am trying to run some of the demos for Lucene but cant seem to find the
> Field.Text class in the javadoc or to compile with lucene 2.0.0
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> doc.add(Field.Text("title",acc.getTitle()));
This static method has been removed after 1.9 which is the last
compatible version to 1.4

The 1.9 java doc says:
 /** Constructs a String-valued Field that is tokenized and indexed,
    and is stored in the index, for return with hits.  Useful for short text
    fields, like "title" or "subject". Term vector will not be stored
for this field.
  @deprecated use {@link #Field(String, String, Field.Store, Field.Index)
    Field(name, value, Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED)} instead */

best regards simon