Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Ryan Winkler <Ry...@i-link.net> on 2001/05/08 18:28:28 UTC

Bean Deserialization issue

Ah, I have graduated to the stage of sending Beans over SOAP...

What I'm trying to do is send a simple Bean of type Name (the class contains
a private String, one setter, one getter) to the server and get a String
back.

I'm getting a Response that generates the following Fault:
Fault Code = SOAP-ENV:Client
Fault String = No Deserializer found to deserialize a 'urn:Hello:hello.Name'
using encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.

Here is the XML for my deployment that gets returned when I call "java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://soapserver/soap/servlet/rpcrouter query urn:Hello":
<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
id="urn:Hello">
            <isd:provider type="java" scope="Application"
methods="sayHelloTo">
		<isd:java class="hello.HelloServer" static="false"/>
            </isd:provider>
            <isd:mappings>
		<isd:map
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding" xmlns:x="urn:Hello"
qname="x:hello.Name" javaType="hello.Name"
xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"
java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"/>
</isd:mappings>
</isd:service>

Any suggestions?

-r