Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Greg Wolfe <gr...@mypointscorp.com> on 2004/10/04 18:20:52 UTC

feature request: filters for "svn log"

It would be useful if the "svn log" commands had options that allowed
the output to be filtered.  A typical filter would be "only show log entries
by a particular user".  I realize that one could easily write a script that
wraps around the command, but it would be nice to have it built in.

Thoughts?

-Greg Wolfe

Re: feature request: filters for "svn log"

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Greg Wolfe" <gr...@mypointscorp.com> writes:
> It would be useful if the "svn log" commands had options that allowed
> the output to be filtered.  A typical filter would be "only show log entries
> by a particular user".  I realize that one could easily write a script that
> wraps around the command, but it would be nice to have it built in.
>
> Thoughts?

Have you seen contrib/client-side/search-svnlog.pl in the Subversion
distribution?

-Karl