Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nilya <nd...@searshc.com> on 2009/10/19 21:00:48 UTC

Wordnet dictionary integration with Solr - help

I have been trying to integrate wordnet dictionary with solr. I used below
link to generate indexes using prolog package from wordnet.
http://chencer.com/techno/java/lucene/wordnet.html

And here are the changes I did in solr :

Schema.xml changes:
    <lst name="spellchecker">
      <str name="fieldType">word</str>
      <str name="name">dict</str>
      <str name="classname">solr.IndexBasedSpellChecker</str>
      <str name="field">word</str>
      <str name="characterEncoding">UTF-8</str>
      <str name="sourceLocation">./syn_index</str>
      <str name="spellcheckIndexDir">./spellchekerFile1</str>
    </lst>

<field name="word" type="string" indexed="true" strored="true" />

But with above changes wordnet dictionary doesn't seems to be working.

1. Does anybody know whats wrong in my configuration. Any other change
required on the solrconfig?
2. Is there any ohter way to import wordnet data in solr and use ?
3. If there is another way to import wordnet as a simple text then I can as
well use it in my existing (default) sysname dictinary.

Appreciate your help on answering this.

Thanks.

Re: Wordnet dictionary integration with Solr - help

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
hi, one thing of interest, in lucene's contrib (in the memory package...
kinda a confusing place), there is a wordnet synonym filter.

if you look at its test you can get an idea of how it works:
TestSynonymTokenFilter, it reads a testSynonyms.txt (a mini wordnet file for
testing purposes)

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Nilya <nd...@searshc.com> wrote:

> Did anybody get chance to look at this. I looked at the previous posts on
> wordnet but didn't help much.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Nilya wrote:
> >
> > I have been trying to integrate wordnet dictionary with solr. I used
> below
> > link to generate indexes using prolog package from wordnet.
> > http://chencer.com/techno/java/lucene/wordnet.html
> >
> > And here are the changes I did in solr :
> >
> > Schema.xml changes:
> >     <lst name="spellchecker">
> >       <str name="fieldType">word</str>
> >       <str name="name">dict</str>
> >       <str name="classname">solr.IndexBasedSpellChecker</str>
> >       <str name="field">word</str>
> >       <str name="characterEncoding">UTF-8</str>
> >       <str name="sourceLocation">./syn_index</str>
> >       <str name="spellcheckIndexDir">./spellchekerFile1</str>
> >     </lst>
> >
> > <field name="word" type="string" indexed="true" strored="true" />
> >
> > But with above changes wordnet dictionary doesn't seems to be working.
> >
> > 1. Does anybody know whats wrong in my configuration. Any other change
> > required on the solrconfig?
> > 2. Is there any ohter way to import wordnet data in solr and use ?
> > 3. If there is another way to import wordnet as a simple text then I can
> > as well use it in my existing (default) sysname dictinary.
> >
> > Appreciate your help on answering this.
> >
> > Thanks.

Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com

Re: Wordnet dictionary integration with Solr - help

Posted by Nilya <nd...@searshc.com>.