Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2003/02/24 15:43:21 UTC

Alternate request/response mechanisms for Cocoon (was Re: Cocoon as a DataMapper framework)

Luca,

I have also been considering such an idea.  I have not spent the time to
look into Cocoon's architecture in enough detail yet, but it seems I
would just need to set up my own class that performs all the duties that
the Cocoon servlet performs.

I recently had the opportunity to meet with some other members of this
list, and we tossed the idea around.  Someone mentioned that there is
currently work in progress to abstract the request/response model
because of the command line interface.  It would seem that if one wanted
to use Cocoon as a data pipeline for a different type of application
than command line or HTTP, one would want to sync up with the people
doing this.

My particular idea was to repurpose Cocoon's pipeline architecture as an
EAI front end.  That is, it would be responsible for communications
between organizations and applications.  I have recently been looking
around to see if there is any other appropriately licensed software that
is more suited to this particular use case, but so far haven't found
any.  However, I have found the werkflow project to be interesting if
considered in conjunction with Cocoon.

Anyone else been thinking along these lines?

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks