Posted to user@struts.apache.org by As...@fpl.com on 2006/09/28 14:27:10 UTC

Issue with Validator DTD location

Hi,

I am running my Struts web app on WSAD 5.1.1. I get compilation and
run-time 'File Not Found' errors when the app looks up my
validator_1_1_3.dtd and validator_1_1.dtd files.

The exact error is:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere
Studio\Application Developer IE\WEB-INF\validator_1_1_3.dtd (The system
cannot find the path specified)

As you can see, the app always seem to lookup the files in my WSAD
installation folders.

 I've tried the following combinations of DTD references in my
validator-rule.xml and validation.xml file.
1.    "validator_1_1.dtd"
2.    "/WEB-INF/validator_1_1.dtd"
3.    "../WEB-INF/validator_1_1.dtd"

....and all combinations of DTD locations
1.    In WSAD and WEB-INF
2.    Not In WSAD but in WEB-INF
3.    In WSAD but not in WEB-INF

Has anyone encountered this issue before? If yes, can you let me know how I
can fix this, and what the exact issue might be?

Thanks,
Thomas