Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2011/08/30 21:32:22 UTC

Reasset-maintenanc was: Service product, was new product type: item rental

I read you link and have gone over the code.
I don't see where the emails notices are in the data or are sent as
Jacques queried.

My view is that any tasks would be best tied to the ProjectMgr as a
global way to evaluate and manage resources Company wide.

I understand what Asset Maint does now. I was saying since there is a
new requirment for Product.productTypeId ->
ProductType.productTypeId=Service
So this would be a good time To expand to a Service commponet core code
extracted from Asset Maint, then have Asset maint use that code since it
is already doing so.

The reason is that Service as defined in Finacial and Professional
service may not have assets. Like a subscriptions that are services.
DataBk vol II page 362,320.

Adrian Crum sent the following on 8/30/2011 6:51 AM: