Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maarten Winkels <ma...@iwelcome.com> on 2013/04/15 09:22:41 UTC

Configuring a build step in the default lifecycle

Hello,

I want to create a new packaging type (for ConnId connectors) with a lifecycle that is very similar to the default (jar) lifecycle, but with a assembly build step for the packaging phase. I have a plugin-project with a 'plexus/components.xml' which defines the lifecycle and the artefact handler. The packaging is now recognised and the build works fine.

Now I would like to move the configuration for the assembly build step to a shared location in the plugin project. I have tried to setup a lifecycle.xml with the definition in the plugin project but it is not being picked up.

What would be the best way to implement this?

Thanks and regards,
-Maarten Winkels

Re: Configuring a build step in the default lifecycle

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
What do you mean by "configuration for the assembly build step"? You can't
provide the configuration for a plugin through a custom packaging type
(unfortunately). But you could create a shared assembly descriptor that
should be used:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/examples/sharing-descriptors.html

All projects need to specify this in their configuration of the assembly
plugin though. Maybe you could provide an archetype to simplify this?

/Anders