Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jo...@ci.austin.tx.us on 2003/12/05 15:19:43 UTC

Help Migrating from WebTier to Struts

I am trying to migrate a 3ed party application from Macromedia's Jrun
platform to Tomcat.  The developers used a WebTier framework to create the
app.  I cannot reach the developers and was wondering if anyone has had
experience in switching form WebTier to Struts.  I am a complete newbie to
Tomcat and Struts and am in dire straits to get this to work.

Error (for what it's worth):
An error occurred at line: 25 in the jsp file: /jsp/index.jsp

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\work\Standalone\localhost\trac\jsp\index_jsp.java:7: package
webtier.view.controllers does not exist
import webtier.view.controllers.ViewController;
                                ^
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\work\Standalone\localhost\trac\jsp\index_jsp.java:62: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol  : class ViewController
location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
	ViewController vc = new ViewController(request, response,
pageContext);
        ^

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan Crain
City of Austin
Internet Operations
Communications and Technology Management Office