Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Manveen Kaur <ma...@sun.com> on 2003/01/17 20:49:39 UTC

MissingResourceException on ResourceBundle.getBundle()

Hi,

I have a web-app that looks up a properties file.

I'm getting a java.util.MissingResourceException on ResourceBundle.getBundle(..);
The jar containg the properties file is in WEB-INF/lib.

Is this a classpath issue? Is there a workaround?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Manveen

Re: MissingResourceException on ResourceBundle.getBundle()

Posted by Sriram N <sr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Manveen Kaur <ma...@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a web-app that looks up a properties file.
>
> I'm getting a java.util.MissingResourceException on
> ResourceBundle.getBundle(..);
> The jar containg the properties file is in WEB-INF/lib.

Could you post the code snippet that tries to load this properties file ?
I don't have access to my code right now, but I think I've written something
like
-- quote --
ResourceBundle.getBundle("dbconnection");

-- end quote --
> Is this a classpath issue? Is there a workaround?

I don't think this is a classpath issue.
I do this for two web-apps and it works just fine on Tomcat 4.1.12.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> thanks
> Manveen

-- Sriram