Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Arne Skjaerholt <ar...@broadpark.no> on 2005/11/21 01:51:16 UTC

Apache2::ServerRec->add_config and directives

Hi all,
I'm trying to write a system that writes its own config data to
httpd.conf using Apache2::ServerRec->add_config from
Apache2::ServerUtil, but I'm running into some troubles with
<VirtualHost> directives.

The handler is running as a PostConfigHandler (I've also tried
OpenLogsHandler), and it works fine until I try setting a <VirtualHost>
directive, in which case the main server process segfaults (on OS X it
says "Bus Error", but I'm assuming it's more or less the same thing).

I've tried putting the PerlPostConfigHandler directive inside a
<VirtualHost> directive, but in that case my handler doesn't get run.

Does anyone see what I could be doing wrong with this?

Thanks for any help,
Arne
:wq

Re: Apache2::ServerRec->add_config and directives

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
Arne Skjaerholt wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to write a system that writes its own config data to
> httpd.conf using Apache2::ServerRec->add_config from
> Apache2::ServerUtil, but I'm running into some troubles with
> <VirtualHost> directives.

Posting a short code sample might be usefull to better explain
what you are doing.

> The handler is running as a PostConfigHandler (I've also tried
> OpenLogsHandler), and it works fine until I try setting a <VirtualHost>
> directive, in which case the main server process segfaults (on OS X it
> says "Bus Error", but I'm assuming it's more or less the same thing).

Even better, try and make a self-contained example of this with geoff's
apache-test skeleton traball:

 http://people.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz

> I've tried putting the PerlPostConfigHandler directive inside a
> <VirtualHost> directive, but in that case my handler doesn't get run.
>
> Does anyone see what I could be doing wrong with this?

Report a more detailled bug
  http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Important_Information