Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com> on 2004/07/05 04:28:48 UTC

Maven Goals within Eclipse Debug environment?

Maven seems to rock.. liking it more and more once the hassle of setting it
up is complete.  I've been having problems with some of my unit tests
however, is it possible to launch maven tasks within Eclipse in a debug
environment so you can set breakpoints and what not to see whats going on?

Thanks,
David

Re: Maven Goals within Eclipse Debug environment?

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
I'm 100% with Brill on this one, although one strong caveat is to make
sure your Eclipse environment (dependencies, etc.) match the environment
in which JUnit executes through maven. Once you sync environment
settings (*ahem* "maven eclipse"), life is really pretty easy. Eclipse
gives you a pretty read-out for what failed, and where...and you can run
in debug mode on a case-by-case basis.

-j

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 15:25, Brill Pappin wrote:
> When I find a test failing during a build, I simply go back to eclipse
> and run it ,manually on its own.
> You can also look at the reports in the target dir for more information.
>
> -Brill Pappin
>
> David Erickson wrote:
>
> >I just need step by step for java code.. specifically my unit tests as they
> >are being executed.. can you give me more info on how to do this? :) Thanks,
> >-David

John Casey
jdcasey@commonjava.org
CommonJava Open Components Project
http://www.commonjava.org

Re: Maven Goals within Eclipse Debug environment?

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@stabilia.com>.

Posted by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com>.

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com>.
Ok I figured out how to connect to maven with eclipse... i just had to
modify maven.bat since it already had the line in there just commented out.
However its annoying always having to 'connect' to maven, is it possible to
just launch maven within eclipse so debugging automatically begins?

Thanks,
David

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <al...@law.columbia.edu>.