Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yves Sy <yv...@ublys.com> on 2003/05/30 08:53:31 UTC

Weblogic 6.1 Compatibility Problems

Hi! I am currently involved in a project that uses Struts 1.1 (RC1) on
Weblogic 6.1. We noticed that there seems to be a problem with Struts'
<bean:write> tag when the property in the bean that we want to display is
NOT of type String.  The String properties display fine but properties of
other types such as "int" produce a "Cannot find key
org.apache.struts.action.ACTION_MESSAGE" error message or something similar
to that. We were able to confirm that our bean does indeed contain the int
value we want to display because it worked just fine when we used a
scriptlet to display it.

To elaborate:
    <bean:write name="myBean" property="myProperty.name"/> works fine
because "name" is a String... but...
    <bean:write name="myBean" property="myProperty.id"/> does not work since
"id" is of type "int".

Anyone aware of this problem with Weblogic 6.1?

RE: Weblogic 6.1 Compatibility Problems

Posted by Yves Sy <yv...@ublys.com>.
ok thnx i'll try that... but i've done several apps in tomcat and another in
jboss and they are rendering it OK. so my guess is it probably is a weblogic
implementation problem more than anything else...

Pardon me for not looking at the source to confirm this, but my guess on
what your problem is that the bean tag will try to convert your bean
property to a String before rendering it. Try making your property an
Integer instead of an int and see if it renders correctly.

--Melissa

Posted by Melissa L Kelley <st...@stuology.net>.

Posted by Yves Sy <yv...@ssip.com>.
Service pack 4 for Weblogic is already installed actually... We've
already resorted to using a custom tag to convert primitive data type
outputs to String.

Posted by Mark Galbreath <ma...@qat.com>.
Yes, SP3 for WebLogic 6.1, not Windoze.

i'm using XP. and anyway, its more tied with the weblogic implementation i
think...

Posted by Yves Sy <yv...@ublys.com>.

Posted by Mark Galbreath <ma...@qat.com>.