Posted to pop3-dev@httpd.apache.org by Sung Kim <hu...@soe.ucsc.edu> on 2003/09/24 02:07:10 UTC

Is anyone working on mod_smtp?

Hello,

I installed httpd-pop3 today, and it's very neat. The problem is getting
a mail file from MTA. Also there are some security issues, and the
username of system and Apache authentication should be synchronized.
If there is a mod_smtp and get emails for Apache authenticated user, it
will work very well with httpd-pop3.

Is anyone working on mod_smtp or something?

PS - How can I access pop3-dev@httpd.apache.org mail archive?
--
Sung Kim, UCSC

RE: Is anyone working on mod_smtp?

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>.
At 12:19 PM 9/24/2003, Sung Kim wrote:
>Hi William,
>
>Glad to hear mod_pop3 is going to be a pert of Apache 2.1.

It won't be folded in, but by keeping it in sync we will keep it out there
as an example for other protocol module authors :-)

>Dose mod_pop3 keeps the access log? Where can I send a patch for
>mod_pop3, if I have any?

I believe yes - access is logged, but I could be mistaken.

Patches should come right here to this list.

>couldn't find the mail archive for pop3. Also I was wondering there is a
>work for mod_smtp. I'm pretty much interest in either joining the
>development team or developing mod_smtp.

It sure seems like this would be a good place for the initial discussion,
at least.  I will search for mbox files for you.

Bill

RE: Is anyone working on mod_smtp?

Posted by Sung Kim <hu...@soe.ucsc.edu>.
Hi William,

Glad to hear mod_pop3 is going to be a pert of Apache 2.1.
Dose mod_pop3 keeps the access log? Where can I send a patch for
mod_pop3, if I have any?

couldn't find the mail archive for pop3. Also I was wondering there is a
work for mod_smtp. I'm pretty much interest in either joining the
development team or developing mod_smtp.

Have a nice day.

- Sung
Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.