Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2006/05/04 21:27:23 UTC

[m2] priority/order of dependencies

I'm using htmlunit and jfreechart for something and both depend on an
xml parser. The problem is that jfreechart depends on gnujaxp which
throws up tons of warnings and actually causes my htmlunit tests to
fail. I have xerces on the classpath but it comes after gnujaxp. Any
suggestions on how to get around this?

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer

Re: [m2] priority/order of dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Two options:

1. Use the exclusions tag in the jfreechart dependency to specifically
exclude gnujaxp. See here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-optional-and-excludes-dependencies.html

2. Add dependency for gnujaxp and use <scope>provided</scope>. This
will probably work, but really option #1 is the "right" way to do this
in Maven.

Wayne