Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Witold Januszewski <wi...@skni.org> on 2011/04/07 22:24:04 UTC

0.21.0 - Java Class Error

To Whom It May Concern,

When trying to run Hadoop 0.21 with JDK 1.6_23 I get an error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName.
The full error log is in the attached .png
Can you help me? I'd be grateful.

Yours faithfully,
Witold Januszewski

Re: 0.21.0 - Java Class Error

Posted by Witold Januszewski <wi...@skni.org>.
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your anwser. Yet after adding the suggested line I get another
bug (enclosed in .png).

Yes, it's Windows 7. I'm considering switching to Linux now :-) There's also
a virtual machine with Hadoop provided by Yahoo!, but I don't know if I can
install Mahout there. That's my goal actually - doing a collaborative
filtering project with Mahout for my classes. The trouble is, I chose the
technology and the project leader couldn't help me with it. Also the project
topics were assigned individually. So if you offer me some more help I'd be
grateful.

Best Wishes,
Witold

Re: 0.21.0 - Java Class Error