Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com> on 2007/01/17 00:00:32 UTC

recommended upper/lower case setting for mysql

Hi everybody -

I just noticed that MySQL could be case sensitive in some cases.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html

Given the way the entity engine works, would it be better to recommend
that it's always configured to be case insensitive for ofbiz users?

Si

Re: recommended upper/lower case setting for mysql

Posted by Joe Eckard <jo...@redrocketcorp.com>.
You might also want to check out Aqua Data Studio ( http://
www.aquafold.com/ ) - v4.7 is free for personal use. It's cross
platform and supports all of the major databases.

-Joe

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.
On Tuesday 16 January 2007 20:03, Chris Howe wrote:
> I'd like to stop dealing with some of the quirks.  And
> they seem to be up to something with some recent
> activity..are there any decent GUI tools to mess with
> Postgresql? It has an odbc so at worst case it can be
> used through access.  I've been using Sqlyog for MySql
> recently and I had only originally used MySql because
> of phpmyadmin.

I've used PostgreSQL for years and years. I was scared for a little while when
MySQL started gaining popularity but it still lacks nice little features like
the option of waiting until the end of a transaction to resolve foreign key
integrity (which is a boon).

PostgreSQL works fine with the Eclipse database tooling, if you like that GUI
kind of thing... which I do, sort of.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com

Re: recommended upper/lower case setting for mysql

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.