Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2013/04/01 18:32:36 UTC

Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-SmokeRelease-4.2.1 - Build # 11 - Still Failing

: But this could just be a stupid bug in smokeTester.  All it looks for
: is "Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:8983" in the server's stderr
: output.  Maybe this is too brittle?

Solr's SLF4J logging recently changed to use log4j as the binding
in th example & tests instead of JUL.  With that change, the log format
changed significantly  (and there may havebeen some states on trunk
when there was no logging configured for example? ... not sure)

perhaps that explains how an unexpected edge case was triggered in the
smoker checker?

-Hoss

Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-SmokeRelease-4.2.1 - Build # 11 - Still Failing

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Chris Hostetter
<ho...@fucit.org> wrote:

> : But this could just be a stupid bug in smokeTester.  All it looks for
> : is "Started SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:8983" in the server's stderr
> : output.  Maybe this is too brittle?
>
> Solr's SLF4J logging recently changed to use log4j as the binding
> in th example & tests instead of JUL.  With that change, the log format
> changed significantly  (and there may havebeen some states on trunk
> when there was no logging configured for example? ... not sure)
>
> perhaps that explains how an unexpected edge case was triggered in the
> smoker checker?

Good idea!  So this may have just been a transient thing ... we can
wait and see if it happens again.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com