Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com> on 2011/11/01 21:23:37 UTC

renderDateTimeField Freemarker macro ignores framework date-time format settings

The renderDateTimeField macro in htmlFormMacroLibrary.ftl ignores the
framework date-time format settings and formats date-time fields using
jQuery instead. Two problems with that:

1. Even when shortDateInput = true, the date and time are displayed when
the value is a Timestamp.
2. If the value is anything other than a Timestamp, (java.util.Date or
java.sql.Date) then the field content is localized, and any attempt to
pass the field content to a service fails - because there is no way to
convert the string back to the proper object type.

Why was this change made?

-Adrian

Re: renderDateTimeField Freemarker macro ignores framework date-time format settings

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This change was made in the jQuery branch and merged after at http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1044503
So I need to search in the jQuery branch. I will do as soon as I will get a chance.
My better bet would be https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3830

Maybe it's related to this comment I made a this moment, also a bet...
 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3830?focusedCommentId=12882890&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12882890JacquesFrom: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@sandglass-software.com>> The renderDateTimeField macro in htmlFormMacroLibrary.ftl ignores the> framework date-time format settings and formats date-time fields using> jQuery instead. Two problems with that:>> 1. Even when shortDateInput = true, the date and time are displayed when> the value is a Timestamp.> 2. If the value is anything other than a Timestamp, (java.util.Date or> java.sql.Date) then the field content is localized, and any attempt to> pass the field content to a service fails - because there is no way to> convert the string back to the proper object type.>> Why was this change made?>> -Adrian>