Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Francisco Trindade <fr...@m3tech.com.br> on 2007/07/30 22:18:29 UTC

Derby Backup

Hi,

Im building a system using Apache Derby, and I couldnt find a way to
backup the existing data from the database.
The only procedure I've found in the documentation is to create a
online/offline backup, that copies the existent database to a different
location.
The problem with this approach is that the backup file becomes very
large (15 - 30 MB) in my case, and that's because Im zipping the
database after copying it.

I was wondering if it doesn't exist a way to create a backup only of the
existent data, and not the whole database, like a dump.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Francisco Trindade

--
Francisco Trindade
francisco@m3tech.com.br

M3Tech - Tecnologia para o Agronegócio
www.m3tech.com.br

Re: Derby Backup

Posted by Francisco Trindade <fr...@m3tech.com.br>.
Bryan,

thanks for your reply.
The import/export tools could be useful, but they have the inconvenient
of exporting/importing only one table (as far as I have understood them).
Isnt there a way to just put the whole database into a file with a
single command?

Thanks in advance.
Francisco Trindade

Re: Derby Backup