Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by br...@hyperreal.org on 1998/05/20 04:18:51 UTC

Re: os-windows/2143: Memory leakage

Synopsis: Memory leakage

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: brian
State-Changed-When: Tue May 19 19:18:50 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Without more information it's difficult to go forward with
this.  Other people are not seeing this problem; not to say
it doesn't exist, but without someone saying "when this type
of request comes in, system memory usage goes up by 4k that
never goes away", it's simply impossible for us to figure
this out.  It wouldn't surprise us if there were serious
memory leaks in the Posix compatibility interfaces we use,
given that those were probably implemented by a college
summer intern at Microsoft.  As we use more and more native
Win32 API's (such as we now use for CGI) this may become less
of an issue, but what would really help us is to know which
interfaces are leaky, so we can attack those first.

Thanks for the report, hope you can help us further.